February 06, 2005

Progress and such

Well, the first draft of the novel is almost done, and I have a decision to make on publishing. Either I can use a publishing house, Whitmore Publishing, which will read it and either accept it or decline it, or I can go with Lulu and self publish. It seems to be a much better deal than the one at CafePress, and will let me edit my manuscript after the pdf conversion.

Any input? Any insight? Any suggestions? I sure could use the feedback.

Posted by Mamamontezz at February 6, 2005 12:34 PM

The thought of an editor is great, it would check for alot of possible errors, but money is always the thing.

I say submit it and see if anyone bites, if not, then self publish.

SlagleRock Out!

Posted by: SlagleRock at February 6, 2005 12:56 PM

An established publishing house has perks and connections an individual can not possibly imagine. Agree with SlagleRock. And Good Luck!

Posted by: Indigo at February 6, 2005 02:46 PM

I agree with SR too; give the publishers a crack at it, and if it doesn't happen, DIY.

Maybe you could email some of the other published bloggers (Bill Whittle, The Zero Boss, etc.) to get their views on the process?

And finally, thanks for the input on the Rott IB. You are a treasure!

Posted by: Beth at February 6, 2005 05:17 PM

Give the pro's a chance first, that way, you will know how you stand.

Posted by: Catfish at February 6, 2005 10:37 PM

I agree with all the above, let the editor check it out first.

Posted by: Jack at February 6, 2005 11:04 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?